I wrote a post last week about ‘Setting some Recovery Goals’ and seen as its been a week I thought I’d give you an update on how I was getting on…
I’ll remind you all of the small goals that I’d set myself:-
1) Preparing breakfasts and lunches at the end of the week (Sunday) – Okay so I have been going with the flow on this one I’ve been making sure I get breakfasts and make smoothie’s every day but I’m not making actual smoothie bags, however I definitely want to get back into the habit of making them so that when I go back to work life will be a little easier for me. Same with Lunches, I just need to get into the habit of making things so that I can just access them to make life easier.. But I’m getting there 🙂
2) Get up in the mornings at 9am, get washed, dressed, makeup and hair done so I’m ready for the day – This has been a very successful goal and I think it’s because I have been pushing myself to make the effort just to get up in the mornings, however whilst I’m writing this I’m having a ‘rest day’ of only a little makeup… Not much done to my hair and some comfy clothes on.. Cause let’s face it.. We can’t make an effort all of the time can we? 🙂
3) Practice the piano once a day – Again this has become a lovely habit that I have stuck too… Every day when I’ve felt like it I’ve played the piano, my Aunt also has given me daily piano lesson via Face Time, which has been great and I’m fINALLY almost finished learning my favourite song by my favourite composer Ludivico Einaudi called ‘I Giorni’ I’e been loving playing it’s been really relaxing and just taken me away from any troubles I may have had.. and the best part.. I play whenever I want 🙂
4) Going for a walk every day – Yes I’m making sure I do this every day and I’m even starting to go out on my own without having an anxiety attack which is fantastic! I’m also trying to go a little bit further every day.. I do have ‘rest days’ where I choose whether to go out or whether to stay inside in my cosy clothes and watch episodes of Sex and The City, which because I’m choosing to do those it doesn’t feel like an entrapment in my own house. (if you understand?)
5) Writing Blog posts and interacting on social media – So I’ve thrown myself out there a little and joined some social media blogging groups and loving it! I’m really enjoying connecting with new people and getting some blogging advice.. I’m also enjoying writing on my blog and just love writing in general, my dream one day is to do something like this for a living.. Who knows, dreams can come true right?
And that is where I’m up to on my ‘Recovery Goals’ I’m really happy that I’m making progress and I love writing it down and sharing it with you guys reading this… I think I’ll keep writing weekly updates as it’s good to look back.. Or if I find myself in a similar situation again 9who know’s with MS) then at least I can look back and see that I got thought it once… I can sure do it again!
Thank You for reading