Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I hope you’ve had a great start to the week and feeling good!? Let’s have a chat in the comments below!
So at the weekend I went out with some friends from work.. we didn’t go “out, out” just “out” and it was lovely! We all stuck to the same drink… Prosecco and have some tasty food.
However, I don’t know if any of my lovely MSers out there have this too. When I drink alcohol (which is very rarely) I find that my symptoms flare up, either I get really wobbly on my feet or my arms and legs go really heavy etc.
I found myself when I awoke this morning, not with a traditional hangover, but just more tired than usual (fatigue is our tired right!?) Anyway so I thought about how can I make myself feel better and recover from this mini MS hangover without doing too much.
I’ve come up with some simple tips to help combat the hangover & MS symptoms and I found that these helped me 😊
1) Drinking Water! — I could tell that my body was dehydrated mainly because I had this full headache that wouldn’t budge.. so for the whole day I drank nothing but water and by the end of the night. I definitely felt much better. If you don’t like water you can flavour it with different fruits (a favourite of mine is lemon and lime)
2) Getting More Rest — When I woke up at around 7:30am I definitely felt an overwhelmingly feeling of fatigue/tiredness so I decided to not get up and make a coffee.. instead a took care of my body and gave it what it wanted.. sleep! When I woke up again at around 8:30am I still felt tired and groggy, however not as bad and I made myself get up then.
3) Eating Well Throughout the day — We all know how hard this can be at the best of times, however studies that I’ve read shows that eating a good wholesome meal instead of the traditional greasy ones actually cures a hangover quicker!! Get my all the veggies and fruits please! I try and eat as well as I can, however sometimes we all fall off the wagon and land in the take away trolley don’t we? We are only human. Try sticking to good wholesome foods throughout the day and if you grace something not so wholesome in the evening. Don’t deprive yourself of it.. just have a little bit.
4) Light Exercising — There was a time when I hated the thought of exercise. When someone would say that exercise helps you to feel better… However, since doing light yoga everyday (5-10mins) I can actually say that it DOES help you to feel better. Even when you’re feeling groggy or can’t be bothered to do it.. once you have it does help a little 🙂
5) Having some “You” time — I’ve found that this is so important at any time really, not just with this mild hangover lol.. but taking time every day to do something that j love to do makes me mind and body feel better. Even if that’s just, writing in my Bullet Journal, or having a relaxing bubble bath.. anything that I love to do I try to do it every day!
6) Getting an early night — So when you’ve had a slightly late night the previous night, getting an early night seems like a great idea the following evening. I do find that when I do my evening routing and totally relax and get that early night, I feel a lot fresher the next day and I don’t really suffer with that dreaded second day Hangover lol!!
And these everyone are just some simple tips that helped me to manage this hangover with my MS symptoms and they really helped me. I hope they can help any of you out there too and I hope you enjoyed the read.
I don’t have any pics on this post, purely because I forgot to take any 🤣😂
Sending you all lots of love